My 2nd Les Sauvages dinner with the always amazing Foreign and Domestic from Austin, Texas.
- Gulf Shrimp Aigre Doux: Quail Egg, Fish Egg, Radish, Arugula Yoghurt
- Scallop Tartare and Confit: Cucumbers and Their Flowers, Ham
- Shellfish Mousseline: Corn, Fennel, Alliums, Potato, late Summer Pistou
- Roasted Coquillage: Periwinkles, Cherrystone Clams, Cockles, Brocolli, Bacon, Borage
- Baked Wellfleet Oyster: Lobster, Foie Gras, Chorizo, Garlic
- Dungeness Crab Permentier: Yukon Gold, Old Bay, Pickled Peppers, Brioche
- Surf and Turf: Wagyu, Smoked Clams, Trumpet Mushroom, Charred Onion Petal
- Uni Custard: Caramel, Sherry, Lime, Rye
- Caramel Tapioca: Pear Sorbet, Nutella Toaste, Sea Salt
Foreign and Domestic
306 E 53rd St
Austin, TX 78751
XucoXicana Tasting Round 2 with Brandon Fisch (formerly of Yelapa) with help by Larry De La Flor and Alvin Schultz (Masterchef).
Houston, TX 77006
Kata Robata Omakase with Hori for JJ’s Birthday!
3600 Kirby Drive
Houston, TX 77098
Les Sauvages Welcomes Plinio Sandalio of Congress and Second Bar
– Gulf Flounder Crudo (Green Olive Escabeche, Tomato Conserva Vinaigrette)
– Silverqueen Corn (Pancetta, Aliums, Soft Boiled Egg)
– Quail and Dumplings (Smoked Potato Gnocchi, Late Summer Vegetables, Bacon Veloute)
– French 75 (Orange Flower Water Ice Cream)
– Buttermilk Waffles (Butter Cream, Maple Syrup Ice Cream, Fried Chicken Skin)
– Valrhona Guanaja Chocolate Pudding Pie (Whipped Cream, Raspberries)
– Oatmeal Cream Pies
Absolute favorite course of the night was the Silverqueen Corn. Chicken and Waffles were a close second.
I can’t wait for the Ned x Foreign and Domestic dinner now.
XucoXicana 7 Course Tasting by Jonathan Jones and Brandon Fisch
What can you possibly follow up an epic birthday weekend in Austin filled with drinking, food, and fun with? If you answered more drinking, you’d be dead wrong. In our case, a filling and tasty brunch at Foreign and Domestic meant a nice 2 hour drive back to Houston and a few hours to vegetate and do nothing for a bit. Today is Sunday, and our night is only beginning. In a short few hours, we had to attend Chris Leung’s Dessert Tasting. 7pm came fast, and we all hauled our asses to Kitchen Incubator where we were the last ones there to claim our “vip” (lol) prep table seating.
In front of us sat a shit load of plates to serve the anxious diners, armed with some fernet, campari and st germain we all had adequate appetizers available, although none of us wanted any after the weekend. Enough talking, here’s the photos and menu for the night..
white chocolate x chili x bacon x cilantro x walnut x tea
buckwheat x black currant x fennel x st. germain
olive oil financier
caponata x tomato x yogurt x vanilla bean x almond x basil
buttermilk ice cream
peach x dulce de leche x jujube x egg yolk x matcha
coffee x coconut x toast x popcorn x mint x olive oil
cheddar x milk chocolate x cherry wood x banana x granola
tamarind x mustard x peanut x cumin x ginger x lime
favorite one was the hazelnut cremeux. cornnuts and banana for the ultimate win.